Friday, February 22, 2013

YumSugar: Easy, Breezy, Cheesy: Cheddar, Bacon, and Leek Frittata

YumSugar
Easy, Breezy, Cheesy: Cheddar, Bacon, and Leek Frittata
Feb 22nd 2013, 13:30

We may still be in the throes of wool coat and tights weather, but I'm already eagerly anticipating warmer days for one frivolous but fantastic reason: with Spring weather comes picnic season. Generally, these blissful afternoons spent relaxing in the park are fueled by a stop at my favorite specialty foods shop to pick up some cheese, bread, wine, and fruit, but occasionally I prepare a slightly more involved, less spontaneous spread. Often this centers around a portable, low-fuss, room-temperature-friendly, and - most importantly - delicious dish: the frittata.

This bulked-up, bacon-studded iteration will be no exception. I can already picture it: me, a few friends, a bottle of rosé, hearty slices of this frittata, a basket of berries, and, ultimately, sun-drenched bliss. Until then I'll have to satisfy my craving table-side, but hey, with a dish as lovely as the one at hand, I'm hardly complaining.

Keep reading for the picnic- and brunch-friendly recipe.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive